Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy Saturday

I realize that I want to include photos with my posts but will always be a day behind.  So it may be Sunday when I am writing about Saturday's activities.

After spending all hours of the night watching movies, scrapbooking and looking at old photos, no one was ready to rise early the next morning.  Kirk was the only one awake and enjoying a beautiful morning, with the birds singing, on the deck doing work.  Actually, I believe I really woke up when the new neighbors moving trucks arrived around 8 a.m. but didn't get out of bed until 10:30. Still dragging around today.  Jordan was such a good hostess and made all of her friends waffles for breakfast.  After everyone left, we dressed and headed out to the Greenville Downtown Airport to find out about the Young Eagles program.  Well, they do not offer the Young Eagles program here but did tell us all about flying and becoming a pilot.  I took a couple of photos of the plane we checked out.  Too bad all the private jets that flew in for the BMW Classic were all gone already.  Maybe we could have spotted a celebrity!!!!



The rest of the afternoon, I worked on the following table decorations for the confirmation dinner at Advent.  Finished painting the sticks just in time to get to the dinner and help out.  We had a team of 12-15 youth helpers that did an awesome job of serving the confirmands, parents and mentors dinner.  I included a picture of how it turned out. I used the Cricut Inspired Heart cartridge using my gypsy.

We also celebrated the end of the year for youth group at Advent UMC with messy night.  Here is a picture of Jordan all decorated up sweet.

1 comment: