Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wedding of Bev & Ryan Quinn

This past week-end we celebrated the marriage of Bev Taylor and Ryan Quinn.  They were both students in my Sunday School class at Messiah Lutheran.  This is just making me feel a little bit older. The wedding was held in Helen, GA so we were able to make a mini-vacation out of it.  We tubed the Hooch two times, once on Saturday and then again on Sunday.  It was incredibly hot outside so this cooled us down.

 The View from the top of the mountain where they were married.

 Looks like the FBI showed up...wonder what trouble those two kids might have been in?
 The mother of the groom, my good friend, Cheryl Quinn with her son Trevor.
 Pastor John from Messiah Lutheran Church.

 The anticipation, waiting for the bride to come out...plus baking in the heat!

 Brock and Donna. I took their wedding pictures almost seven years ago.


 Is he not the cutest little ring bearer?

 These girls could not have been cuter!  They did their job well.


 The father of the groom gets a first peek at the bride...and is happy.

 The bride and her father. I think weddings are hard on all dads with little girls.

 We did it! Yey, it's official!

 This is where we stayed and where the reception was. Our room was on the second floor near the tree. Great view of the river and all of the tubers.

This is also the same place where Kirk and I stayed on our very first trip to Helen almost 23 years ago.  It has not changed much.  Great location, right in the middle of town. 

We could not pass up the yummy baked good at the German bakery. The girls each got a chocolate cream puff and Kirk and I got eclairs.  I ate mine in honor of my father. That was our treat growing up.  I'll never forget the time we ate them in Door County.

No comments:

Post a Comment